As Kenya fights against COVID-19 and strongly encourages social-distancing and self-isolation, which was implemented in an effort to flatten the curve on coronavirus, Kenyans are looking online, now more than ever, for ideas around at-home activities and entertainment.
TikTok, the leading destination for short-form mobile video, has launched its at-home series of challenges in collaboration with local celebs and a few of the platform’s favourite content creators. The series, which includes the #AtHomeWithMe, #HappyAtHome, #FitAtHome, aims to inspire creativity amongst as well as provide entertainment during these uncertain and challenging times.
Local celebs and musicians share #AtHomeWithMe moments on TikTok:
- Maurine king’ori forms a music band with family and they dance their hearts out. She also shows us how much time we have that can be put into good use like reading, taking care of nails and playing with pets. Check her videos here:
- Tracy Olande reminds us that it’s time to turn to our creator. Go before God with a prayer. Here is her video: https://www.tiktok.com/@tracyolande/video/6809505390208781574
- This is the perfect opportunity to duet with a friend as So_fudgy has done. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show: https://www.tiktok.com/@so_fudgy/video/6809666063660256518
Content creators show us that staying at home does NOT have to be boring via #HappyAtHome challenge:
- Are you feeling bored? Sautisol shares how vocalist and saxophone player, Willis Austin Chiman, is keeping up with life under quarantine. Watch here: https://www.tiktok.com/@sautisol/video/6806767543630548229
- Shiv Simani shows us that now you can do all the things you don’t usually get to do on a busy schedule. See what he is doing: https://www.tiktok.com/@shivsimani/video/6809665782956526854
Who said complicated equipment is needed for workouts to stay active during these times? Try these basic #FitAtHome workouts that a few TikTok ladies participated in:
- tanashadonna1 shakes away gloom with Chris Brown’s track, ‘Heat’. Check it out: https://www.tiktok.com/@tanashadonna1/video/6807935579947404549
- Wabosha Maxine calls on us to do the abs challenge because we need to keep fit while we stay indoors. Here is the video: https://www.tiktok.com/@waboshamaxine/video/6807410441904573701?source=h5_m